Last year, I grabbed the first line of the first post from each month so this year I’m grabbing the first line from the last post of each month.
Before I get to the meme part, though, I wish everyone a wonderful new year full of unexpected moments of glee, good fortune and karmic belly rubs.
- So, my television has decided, on its own, that Iâ€™m blind and/or hard of hearing. This is still true and now it’s overcompensating. I have one channel that I can’t watch at all because the voiceovers are on top of what the actors are saying, and if I put the thing on mute, the closed captions appear automagically. If I hear it say something like, “I’m sorry, scotchneat, I’m afraid I can’t do that”, I’m going to pull the plug or maybe flip the breaker in the basement in case I can’t get near the powerbar.
- I was flipping channels and the CP24 ticker flashed something about â€œNorth American polyester shortageâ€, and I said wah?? Still pretty much a wtf.
- I like to watch the real estate programs. Although this actual post is a rant about the housing crisis in the US and how frakked it is going to make us – and how prescient am I since this was back in March and the meltdown was still about 6 months away at that point?! Anyway, I DO love me a real estate program, but more on the house renos. I’m officially fed up with flipping shows, and flipping doesn’t seem to make as much fiscal sense anymore anyway. But there’s this great British program that shows people who buy a run-down barn in the Outer Hebrides or something and then spend every penny they have restoring it – total house porn.
- I was interviewing a brand new uni graduate for a job on my team. And then she made me feel old. That’s about the whole post.
- As Maggie points out, they donâ€™t really tell you HOW this helps you to â€œinteract with and understand othersâ€. Okay, kind of cheating in that there is a quiz about left/right-brain above this.
- Fascinating article about itching. It was. You should go read it.
- For a while now, there been some schmutz in the drain of my bathroom sink. Ah yes, this is when I first lost the use of my bathroom sink – will you think any differently of me if I tell you that it’s still not working :) Long story involving relatives.
- In the morning on my street, the sun first kisses my front porch and gardens, more than my neighbours, who have trees and whatnot providing shade well into the day. Well that’s pretty damn poetic, but you should see the punchline. Not so much.
- See if you can find Coryâ€¦ The hint is “air balloon”.
- My brother picked me up first thing this morning and we drove down to my uncleâ€™s memorial service. We did, and it was some quality brother time even though it was a sad occasion.
- Usually I flick right by cnn.com for obvious reasons, but I stopped tonight because Wolf was interviewing a Canadian man who was in the Oberoi in Mumbai and managed to escape and then get to the airport and safety. I’m still impressed by what Jonathan Ehrlich had to say.
- As in 2007 and 2006, here we go (the year-end questionnaire, which you probably just read :)
Tags: end of the year